At Health Style Dental, our dentists use dental implants as an alternative to dentures for patients with missing teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
If you have missing teeth, your dentist may place a dental implant (a small titanium rod) into your jaw bone to replace the missing tooth root. After your dentist places the implant, they will cap it with a dental crown. Together, the implant and crown function and look like a natural tooth.
Used For Dental Implants
Dental implants can help with a number of oral health issues if you have any missing teeth. They can:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting surrounding teeth (like bridges or partial dentures might)
- Resolve jaw joint pain or bite problems caused by the adjacent teeth shifting into missing tooth space
- Help restore a patient’s confidence in their smile
- Improve chewing, speech and digestion
- Restore or enhance facial tissues
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable
The Importance of Replacing Missing Teeth
Filling in a gap caused by missing teeth seems like just a cosmetic issue, but it's actually crucial to your long-term oral health.
When a tooth is missing, the surrounding teeth may shift out position causing misalignment issues.
The jaw bone may also begin to deteriorate over time, causing structural issues as well as affecting your ability to speak and eat. Missing teeth can also lead to other issues like gum disease.
If you have missing teeth and want to learn more, please contact our office to book a consultation.